Medical skin treatments can offer long-lasting and effective solutions for skin problems such as wrinkles, acne, age spots, etc. However, these treatments have no “one size fits all”; to get the best results and ensure that they last, it is important to follow your doctor’s advice and take certain steps to protect your investment.
That could include applying certain topical medications or avoiding activities that might irritate the skin (such as sunbathing). Additionally, a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals can help ensure your skin stays healthy and well-nourished. Keep reading to know more about the steps you can take to ensure your medical spa results last.
5 Habits To Adopt After Medical Spa Treatments For Long-Term Results
Aesthetic treatments like laser resurfacing, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion are usually relatively low risk. However, there are some steps you can take to ensure that your treatment results last, minimize redness and irritation, and keep your skin looking its best.
- Wear daily sunscreen. Sunscreen can help protect your skin from ultraviolet (UV) radiation, damaging skin cells and accelerating aging. It’s important to choose a sunscreen with an SPF (sun protection factor) of at least 30 and apply it daily.
- Try a high-performing serum. Certain serums are formulated with antioxidants and other active ingredients, such as retinol, to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines while boosting collagen production for firmer skin.
- Map out monthly facials. Regularly scheduled facials promote cell turnover and boost facial circulation, which helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles. Your doctor can recommend a facial regimen tailored to your needs.
- Re-think your cleansing routine. If you’ve used the same cleanser for years, it may be time to change your routine. Look for a gentle, non-drying cleanser that won’t strip your skin of its natural oils.
- Eat skin-friendly foods. Eating a diet full of antioxidants, such as dark leafy greens, berries, and fatty fish, can help keep your skin looking fresh and youthful. Also, drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and ensure your skin is nourished.
Ask A Professional Aesthetician For A Personalized Skin Care Routine
The key to ensuring your medical spa results last is to create a personalized skincare routine tailored to your needs. A professional aesthetician like Ballentyne Medical Aesthetics can help you develop a plan for long-term results, such as incorporating certain treatments or products into your daily regimen. We understand the importance of finding the right combination of treatments and products to help keep your skin looking great.
Finding the right med spas and aestheticians to care for your skin can be a hassle. But don’t worry! At Ballentyne Medical Aesthetics, we offer personalized treatments to restore your skin’s natural balance. Avoid working with unreliable spas and visit us for customer care. Call us today to book your appointment and get started on your journey toward gorgeous, glowing skin. You deserve to achieve the results you’ve always wanted without inconvenience.